The Majestic - a photograph not quite right in the recce, but I returned for it with a wider lens

During my last walkabout during the large format recce, I came across The Majestic. A superb building designed by the oldest architect firm in Singapore - Swan & Maclaren. Completed in 1928 and served as a theatre for Cantonese opera built Eu Tong Sen for his wife who was a avid Cantonese opera fan.

The field of view is a bit too close for the 180mm lens on my Sinar. This image is of the building taken from the overhead bridge across Chinatown MRT. Fujifilm GFX 50S II with Hasselblad HC 2.8/80, which offers a FOV somewhat close to the 180mm of my Nikkor W on 4x5.


But all is not lost, I returned the next day 
with the Alpa STC with Phase One IQ3 100 back and Rodenstock HR40 lens in landscape mode. On the large Phase One back, the lens is more like the FOV of about 27mm on 135 full frame.



Comments