Nouri and Appetite: Michelin Star and Experimental Kitchen

Had superb lunch today at the experimental kitchen of the one Michelin Star restaurant Nouri. The kitchen is located upstairs of the restaurant, and is a beautiful space. 

I arrived earlier than the appointed time, and chef Ivan Brehm received me at the Nouri bar.

Chef Ivan.

But soon, they were ready upstairs, and I was ushered into the den like attic floor, where a magnificent hifi system resides. With 3,000 vinyl records. 


Jadis electronics. But when I was there for lunch, the system playing was solid state, the tubed Jadis at rest. The JP200 and JA200 amplification is certainly a feast for the eyes, as much as one for the ears. In a previous hobby, as an audiohile, and I had Jadis electronics feeding my Wilson WATT/Puppy setup. The speakers wired to the JA200 were firing the other direction, into the main part of the building.


And the 3,000 vinyl records. In the full sized image, the text on the record spines can be read. Mostly jazz.


Back downstairs, the Nouri Bar:


And the main dining area of the Michelin starred restaurant.


Photographs were taken by my trusty Fujifilm GFX 50S II, with either the GF 50 or the Hasselblad HCD 4/28 via H Adapter. 



Comments