Sky Habitat at Bishan

 I have spied the architecture of this condominium for a while, while trying to figure out which angles I can photograph it at. Designed by Moshe Safdie, the building is kind of a trunkated pyramid from one angle, which I photographed it from, See the Safdie site for pictures from different vantage points. But from another angle, shows up as two towers linked by three walkways. I could not figure out a location to photograph it to show this second angle.

These 3 images are actually from a single image I took from the 8th floor of the HDB block across the road from it. Fujifilm GFX 50S with GF 50mm f3.5. The first shows the entire building, with minor perspective adjustments. The building is 37 storey high, and even from the vantage point of 8 floors up, I still needed to tilt the camera up.


The next two are crops of the first, to show the detailing. Boxy balconies protrude at an angle from the face of both blocks, creating a stepped formation.


The upper edge narrows to form the pyramid shape on the skyline. 


I continue to look for a location to photograph the building to show the second angle. And will update when I am able. Currently on the photograph left is another building - Sky Vue condominium, and on the right is a construction site.



Comments