Motor cross!

 A post in color this time. 

I managed to catch some dirt bikes going about on their ride, and shot these couple of photographs with a medium format camera. Many people say that medium format is not suitable for fast action sports, and while I do agree that it is probably not the best tool for the job, it can be done. Here are some shots taken with the new Fujifilm GFX 100S with the GF 50/f3.5 lens. The autofocus is set to zone and boosted. Single shot mode. The keep rate was very high...like almost 5/6. Of course I shot more than this, but the morning yielded no more than 30 photographs, or about 2 120 rolls in 645 mode. I am not showing the others because of poor framing, uninteresting subject (both not the camera's fault) and private portraits. 

First, a panning shot, with the motorcyclist zooming past. The rider is probably no more than 12 years old, but he was confident. 


And the adults were zooming past at quite a high speed. Caught this at one of the corners, but as he was reaching me, he stood up, probably to ride over some bumps, and I inadvertently cut the top off. But I think the sensation of speed is captured. 



And doing donuts:


Electric trail bikes are the in-thing now! Stationary shot.



Comments